Everycord Screen Recorder: The free screen recorders for iOS seem to be facing a tough time. Many of them were removed from App Store last year and some of them have the sword hanging over their head. The ones that are there in the market are either not capable or unreliable. The iOS users are looking for alternatives to record high-quality screen videos.
The beta version of a new app called Everycord has recently been released and it seems to be promising. The app has only been released to a few reviewers and good words are coming from them. Hopefully, it will be available to everyone soon. You can use the alternative screen recorders on your iPhone/iPad until then. Airshou iOS is back and working for all the users.
Everycord is the enhanced version of the formerly popular screen recording app iRec. Everycord screen recorder is compatible with iOS, Android, Mac OS and Windows and that’s why the name. iRec project was scrapped due to legal and other problems. But now they have come back with a seemingly more stable and reliable edition. I think this is going to be one of the best iOS screen recorders the users have ever seen.
Features of EveryCord Screen Recorder:
- Everycord iOS app lets you record your screen at an HD resolution of 1080p. But remember that at the highest resolution the video file size will also be high. You can choose the lower resolution of 480p and 720p to save space on your device.
- You can choose the fps of 30 or 60. At the larger fps, the videos are smoother and thus of higher quality.
- The Audio Source offers you to use the Microphone to record external sound with the Video. However, you can choose the option Device to record internal sounds. You can also choose ‘None’ to disable audio recording.
- You can manipulate the audio quality by choosing the Sample Rate as well as Channels (Mono or Stereo).
How to Install Everycord Screen Recorder on iOS 10.3/10.3.1/10.3.2:
There are two methods to install Everycord on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. I am going to write both methods here. In the first one, you will not need computer to install the app. But, in the second method, you will need the computer.
1. Download Everycord Using TuTu Helper:
You need tutu helper app to install the application on your iPhone or iPad. You can Download tutu helper easily. Once you have downloaded and installed Tutu Helper on your iOS, follow these steps to install Everycord Screen Recorder:
- Launch the Tutu app on your iOS from the home screen icon.
- Look for the Everycord icon on the home screen of the Tutu app; if you find it there tap the icon once and move to step 6; if it is not there continue with step 3
- Tap the search bar on the top
- Type in ‘Everycord’ and tap the search button; you will see the Everycord app in the search results
- Tap the app icon or the ‘Get’ button
- On the next screen locate and tap ‘Get it free’ button
- A prompt will popup to confirm if you wish to continue with the installation; confirm installation by tapping ‘Install’
- Wait for the app to install
It should take less than a minute to install Everycord iOS app. Now, go back to the home screen. Tap the Everycord app icon to launch it.
It will not work. You will see a dialogue reading ‘Untrusted Enterprise Developer’. Your iOS does not trust the app developer (yet) since you have installed it from a third party source. No need to worry. You can fix it by following these steps:
Fix Everycord is not Working Issue:
- Open the Settings on your iOS and Tap ‘General’
- Select the option ‘Profiles & Device Management’(or just ‘Profiles’ in certain devices)
- Find the Everycord Screen Recorder Profile and tap it once
- Tap ‘Trust’ (which is followed by the Everycord profile)
- When the prompt appears, tap ‘Trust’ one more time
This is all you need to do to get the app working. Press the home button on your iOS and return to the home screen. Launch the Everycord app and enjoy recording top quality screen videos.
2. Download Everycord Using Cydia Impactor:
We need a computer to install everycord on iOS using cydia impactor. So, before you start the installation, turn on your computer and take the USB cable. Now, we will see how to install the Everycord app.
Important things you need to Install Everycord using PC/Laptop:
- Everycord IPA File, You can download it Here.
- iTunes on your computer
- Cydia Impactor
- USB Cable
How to Install Everycord Screen Recorder IPA on iPhone/iPad:
- Connect your iOS device to the computer using USB cable
- Launch iTunes on your PC/Laptop. Check whether you’re using the latest version of iTunes or not.
- Now, Launch cydia impactor. You will see your device name in cydia impactor.
- Go to Everycord.ipa file, drag and drop it on Cydia impactor.
- It will ask you to enter your iTunes details. Enter the details correctly and wait for some time.
- Now,Everycord app is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
This is how we can install the screen recorder on any iOS device using cydia impactor.
Quick Look on EveryCord Screen Recorder:
Let’s take a sneak peek into the features and properties of Everycord iOS recorder.
When you launch the app you will find “Next” at the bottom of the screen. Tap on that and continue. You will see a list of terms and conditions on the screen. Tap on Agree button and continue to start the application.
How to Record Screen Using EveryCord iOS App:
Whether you have Everycord for iPhone or any other iOS device, here are the steps to record the screen:
- Launch Everycord and on the home screen tap on the text box labeled ‘Recording Name’
- Give it a desired name and press Done on the keypad
- You will now see a Confirmation prompt confirming whether you wish to continue the recording; tap ‘Yes’
- Wait for a blue bar to appear on the top of your iOS device home screen; the recording starts the moment the blue bar appears and then changes into a red bar
Once you have recorded the video you can end the recording by following these steps:
- Launch the Everycord app again
- Tap on Done button on the screen
How to Watch The Videos Recorded by EveryCord:
Once the video has been recorded, it can be viewed by tapping ‘Recording’ on the app home screen. You will see the list of all the screen recordings with the name you chose for them. Tap on a particular recording and a pop-up will appear with the following options:
- Play: Plays the recorded video on your iOS device
- Rename: Lets you rename the video
- Save to Camera Roll: Saves the video file along with other photos and videos on your device
- Share: Allows you to share the recording directly from the app on the popular social media platforms
- Delete: Lets you delete the recorded video
More Information & Tips about Every Cord iOS App:
Here are a few things you would like to know about this app:
- If you need to record the device sounds, make sure you change the Audio Source in the Setting to ‘Device.’ You will need these for recording game videos or when you need to record internal sound.
- The app requires an internet connection to record videos. This is being considered as a glitch and we are hopeful that with Everycord for iOS 10 this problem will be eliminated.
In spite of some shortcomings, Everycord for iPhone and other iOS devices looks like a pretty decent screen recording application. It comes packed with a number of features allowing you to record videos in a wide quality range. You can also choose the audio source to add more effects to the video. All in all, it is a good screen recording app to have especially because we have very few choices left.