PixlRec Screen Recorder is the new avatar of iCapture10. It has been rebranded to make the name more appropriate to its new feature – cross platform support. PixlRec is a slightly enhanced version of iCapture10. You can make videos of the ongoing activities on the screen in high quality with just one touch. The installation process of PixlRec is also a bit different from other iOS Screen Recorders. Keep reading to learn how to install PixlRec on iOS.
It is possible to download PixelRec without jailbreaking your iOS device. The app has been designed to work optimally on all the compatible devices, including the most recent ones. This means that you can download PixlRec for iOS 10/10.1/10.2.1 without any hassles. Let’s first quickly look at the firmware and device compatibility.
Compatibility: PixlRec iOS Screen Recorder is compatible with a wide range of firmware versions ranging from iOS 7 to iOS 10 (and all their released iterations). This pretty much means you can install it on almost all the popularly used iOS handsets including PixlRec for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You will also need Tutu Helper app installed on your phone.
In case you need to verify whether or not you have the compatible iOS version, go to Settings >> General >> About on your device
Great News: Airshou screen recorder is back and working on latest iOS devices. Install Airshou on iPhone/iPad by following our guide.
Download Tutu Helper App on iPhone/iPad:
After having ascertained you have the desired iOS version, you will want to find a way to get PixlRec iOS app on your device.
You can download this app from the very popular marketplace called Tutu Helper. As the name suggests, Tutu is a helper for iOS from where you can get many apps which are not featured on the official store. The inventory line up of Tutu Helper is pretty big and thus you can rely on it for almost all your app needs.
The first thing you will need to do is get Tutu app on the device. If you don’t know how to install it, don’t worry; we have a separate guide which will take you through the step by step installation process.
Install PixlRec iOS Screen Recorder on iOS 10.2.1 (iPhone/iPad)
Once you have successfully installed Tutu Helper on your iOS handset, rest is extremely easy. Let’s see how you can get PixlRec app using Tutu Helper:
- From the home screen of your iOS launch the Tutu helper app
- PixlRec iOS App has been introduced very recently and thus there is a fair chance you will find the app listed in the featured section of Tutu on the home screen itself. By chance, if you are not able to locate the app on the home screen, use the search box and type in ‘PixlRec’
- If you happen to locate the app on the home screen, tap on the icon; if you searched using the search box then you will see it in the search results and a ‘Get’ button alongside; tap the Get button
- In either case, a new window will open upon which you will be able to see quick overview of the app; on the bottom of this screen you will see ‘Get it Free’ button; tap on this button
- A download progress bar will take the place of the button and it will display the progress of download in percentage; wait for a few seconds for the download to get completed;
- You might need to tap the ‘Start Installation’ option on the next screen (there is a chance this option may not appear and thus you will be directed to the next step automatically)
- A dialogue box will pop-up asking for your confirmation; tap ‘Install’ button
The installation process will commence. You can safely go back to the device home screen by pressing Home button.
Pixlrec is not Downloading:
It seems that PixlRec installer is still in a trial phase and thus you may see a series of prompts before the completion of installation. On each prompt, you need to choose the option that will ensure continuity of the installation. For example, if it says ‘download failed’ ignore the message and tap ‘Retry.’
Once the prompts stop appearing PixlRec download and installation will finally get completed. You will also need to verify the profile for the Enterprise Developer under which PixlRec has been signed; otherwise, you will keep getting ‘Untrusted Enterprise Developer’ error. Here is what you need to do:
Profile Fix for PixlRec iOS App:
- Open Settings on iOS and go to General > Profiles & Device Management
- You will see a list of profiles; locate the one that belongs to PixlRec and access it
- Here you can Trust the Pixlrec app profile and assign it the Trusted status
iCaputure10, which has been a very successful screen recording app, now comes in a different package and branding called PixlRec. This new avatar offers multiplatform support and is available on Android as well. In order to get PixlRec screen recorder on your iOS, you will need to install Tutu app. The rest of the installation process is quite easy.